As you will now I have been writing over my film posts for a little while now. I love doing it so much, and you guys are always s positive about those posts. Sadly, neither my handwriting or doodles are especially aesthetically pleasing, so when Natalie got in touch with me about illustrating a blog post I replied with a very enthusiastic YESSSS!! So, I sent over these photos, and what she sent back was beyond what I ever expected. I LOVEEEE HOW SHE HAS DONE THIS! Now, this coat is pretty attention grabbing as it is, but the snake print illustrations are the perfect way to really cement it as the centre of attention. So a huge thank you for Natalie for making this one of my favourite posts I have ever shared. Make sure to check out her blog here, and also her Instagram.
As for the outfit, this was what I wore last Sunday. Mum and I went out to Salts Mill for the day and I took it as the perfect opportunity to wear this insane coat. It's from Finery London, and it without a doubt the most perfect Spring coat ever. It's leather, and quite light weight making it practical for this time of year when getting caught in April showers despite it not being freezing cold anymore (YAYYYY, I am actually writing this post while sat on our balcony!) The colour blocking also makes it very Spring-worthy too. The way the dark snake print runs through the whole piece ties the colours together, and also mutes them a little making this way more wearable for me. The details are not forgotten in this piece too; from the angled pockets, the lapels and the lovely small poppers (I am not the biggest fan of giant poppers on outerwear).
I went for one colour with the rest of my outfit. And I am going to wear this again with an all black look, as it lends itself so well to a solid base. Jeans are from GRLFRND (I must get these in a blue denim too as they're fab), an old Madewell top and my new favourite trainers!
One of the most rewarding things about blogging is the way it connects you with people. And this post is an example of that. As a blogger everything you see on here is my own work; the photo direction (i.e bossing my Mum about), the editing, the writing. But sometimes there is some one out there who can do the job far better than I ever could, and this time that person was Natalie! I really hope you guys love this blog post and want to see more like this, as I would love to make it a regular thing. It certainly spices up my regular outfit posts a little.
COAT: c/o FINERY LONDON | JEANS: GRLFRND c/o REVOLVE | SHOES: SUPERGA | KNIT: MADEWELL (old, similar here) | SUNGLASSES: RAY-BAN
IT'S BLOODY APRIL! One whole quarter into the year. I always feel January-March drag the most so it will be end of Summer before we know it. Madness!
It's been feeling increasingly like Spring, which is making me feel more and more inspired all the time. I am currently full of ideas, so many that I don't even know where to begin or how to get them out here in a coherent way. So I thought I would begin with a massive brain dump, of all that's on my mind that I want to share but am yet to find the right way to do so. Hopefully this will serve as a good thing for me to revert back to, and also let you all know about the content I hope to share soon.
1. Those of you who have been watching my vlogs will know I have been going to the gym for about two months, and seeing a personal trainer. I want to do a post about fitness (essentially about being terrified of the gym and unable to run) very soon, but as a result of working out I am seeing it make a huge difference in my sartorial choices. Not only is my body changing, but I am so much more aware of it. It makes me want to try new things. The body con dress I shared last week is evidence of that!
2. The fact I have lost some weight (just around my tummy) means NONE OF MY JEANS FIT! This is nothing short of a nightmare, currently about 3 pairs fit me. I am looking through my denim collection and making careful decisions about which ones are worth re-purchasing. This really is going to prove which ones are my faves, and I will of course share the winners in a blog post.
3. Colours have been more appealing to me than ever before. I blame my love for the pink and red trend that has made me branch out a little. I have lots of colourful outfits coming your way very soon!
4. SHOES! I am in a shoe rut. It's been going on for some time. I am itching to invest in a pair for Spring, but am yet to find the right pair and I don't even know what I want. Normally I never struggle when it comes to shoes, but recently there is nothing catching my eye at all. I mean, it's a lovely problem to have, but can the designer shoe world please bring out something I love?!
5. A potential denim ban?? The aforementioned issue about my jeans not fitting has been forcing me out of denim a little bit, which is very refreshing. I am thinking of banning myself from denim for a couple of weeks and having my outfits, and this blog, a denim free zone. Then I also feel like I am setting myself up to fail on this one as the few pairs that do still fit are on a pretty regular rotation too. So this idea is pending.
6. Beauty. I am currently loving my daily make up routine and must share it on here. This is almost solely a fashion space, which is how I always intend to keep it, but I have been getting more and more questions about my beauty regime so I must share it at some point soon. Especially as I finally feel like I have settled on my favourite products for a daily minimal make up look.
JEANS: MAJE | SHIRT: c/o FINERY LONDON | JACKET: MONKI | SHOES: AQUAZZURA | SUNGLASSES: RAY BAN
Here we go with another occasion wear blog post, with one evening look and the same outfit styled up for a causal day. This time all about a dress, and a rather incredible one. I must say it is quite odd to see myself in something as tight as this, and I there aren't too many items of clothing that can persuade me to go for something so figure hugging. This is no ordinary dress though! I have already professed my love for Karla Deras, the incredible blogger and now designer. I ordered a few pieces from her clothing line, The Line by K a few weeks ago. Now, I did have to pay a whopping £90 customs which was rather painful as the items aren't exactly cheap anyway. At first I had thought it was absolutely not worth it and wouldn't order from there again, but after wearing this dress I have completely changed my mind. In fact, I would 100% order from there again, because I have never found a dress that makes me feel this good before.
Karla Deras is the queen of sexy, in a way I could never ever be for numerous reasons, but mostly that our bodies are so different. She knows how to dress for her figure perfectly, which is why I think she looks so incredible in just jeans a t-shirt; they are always perfect fitting. So when I ordered this dress I was a little unsure of how it would look on me. BUT, I can confirm it's given me curves where I didn't know I had them, and with a bit of Karla-inspired posing, this is by far the sexiest dress I have ever ever worn. The off the shoulder detail is way more understated than cleavage, and the extra long sleeves bring in an effortless vibe. The material is a thick, stretchy cotton. When this arrived and I held it up I thought NOOOO chance am I fitting into that, but it does stretch a lot and in the most flattering way too. The buttons give a few options too depending on your height, and how comfortable you are in walking (or waddling) in dresses that are tight along the calves.
In terms of when to wear it, now is the best time. It's a nice thick fabric, so you could go out on an evening with this on without a jacket. Come summer the sleeveless option will be more practical. I teamed it with some nude courts to lengthen the legs as much as possible with the length of the dress.
DRESS: THE LINE BY K | SHOES: GIANVITO ROSSI
Now remember I said this dress was stretchy? I think my casual outfit really shows what I mean - just look at how much the line of the dress pulls back over my hips? Looking at it here it really does look like something I would never manage to do up over my hips! I think this makes it super flattering to wear over trousers or jeans though, because it pulls in your waist as much as possible. The jeans I went with are my GRLFRND ones - I think high waisted with a slim leg are a must, I tried this on with some baggier jeans and it did not look right at all. Finally, the shoes - I am not sure if you will remember these but I bought them in the January sales and am only just getting the chance to wear them! I loveeee them and plan to wear them as much as possible for Spring. I also think if you popped some heels on with this outfit it would be a good in between look for a few drinks on an evening when you don't want to fully go for it in the skinny fitting dress.
Lets finish this off with some sizing info. I went for a Size Small in the dress, and it's the perfect fit (I am about a size 8, sometimes a 10). Remember it does stretch a lot so I would go for the smallest size you think you can do! I have very (possibly even abnormally?) long arms for sleeve reference. I know in pictures of Karla wearing this dress she has a lot more ruching through the sleeves.